The Limestone County Cattlemen's Association began awarding academic scholarships in 2001. Since then, we've given over $75,000 to deserving students who have contributed in some way to the LCCA. It's our way of giving back, and investing in the futures of loyal members.
Here are the people we have honored by naming the scholarships for:
2001 Mack Maples
2002 Ed Horton
2003 Price Black
2004 Robert Ruf
2005 Wesley & Melba Stroud
2006 Lifford French
2007 Charles Patterson
2008 James Leopard
2009 Donna Jo Curtis
2010 Jack Gilbert
2011 Daveen Stanford
2012 Wain Wilbanks
2013 J.C. & Janet Prater
2014 James & Julia Bailey
2015 Monroe Broadway
2016 Jimmy Wade Wales
Recipients of the 2015 Monroe Broadway Scholarships:
Mike Broman University of North Alabama
Summer Clark Athens State University
Rebekah Evans Auburn University
Mike Farris Elkmont High School
Kelsey Faulkner Ardmore High School
Jonathan Moss Athens Bible School
Zane Oligee Clements High School
Sarah Palmer East Coweta High School
Contact Daveen Stanford at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on applying for scholarships from the Limestone Cattlemen's Association.
JIMMY WADE WALES
LIMESTONE COUNTY CATTLEMEN’S ASSOCIATION
1. Applicant must be, or have a relative who has been, a member of the Limestone County Cattlemen’s Association, in good standing, for the last two years.
2. Applicant must be a high school senior, or currently enrolled in college.
3. A completed Limestone County Cattlemen’s Association Scholarship application must be postmarked no later than March 1, or hand delivered to Daveen Stanford, no later than March 1. There will be no exceptions.
4. Selection will be based on financial need, high school, or college GPA, ACT score, leadership activities, participation in agricultural activities, or any Limestone County Cattlemen’s Association activities, and a typed 300 word essay on “Why Agriculture is Important for America’s Future”.
5. If you been awarded a scholarship in the past, in order to apply this time, you must be a member, in good standing, of the Limestone County Cattlemen’s Association. Dues are $30, and may be included with your completed application. You are only eligible to be awarded two scholarships.
6. The Limestone County Cattlemen’s Association Scholarship Committee will select the recipients. The decisions of the Limestone County Cattlemen’s Scholarship Committee will be final.
Completed applications should be mailed, or hand delivered, to:
LCCA Scholarship Program
15059 Section Line Road
Elkmont, AL 35620-7101